Technology like everything else matures every day. No sooner have we just tested out the latest smartphones there is something new waiting to be unveiled. The year 2017 saw some big changes in the smartphones’ specs. This year one of the main big changes was the inclusion of dual cameras in the rear as well as the front. This gave depth to the images and encouraged a lot of amateur photographers to get the feel of a DSLR in a much lesser budget.
May you also like:
Here is a list of the latest advancements that are yet to be fully launched in the market:
- Fingerprint scanner under display- Vivo, a China-based company announced that they are going to launch the first under-screen fingerprint scanner. As we have seen, the fingerprint scanner is generally placed at the back of the phone or below the screen occupying a bit of it but now the scanner will be placed directly on the screen. The fingerprint scanner will read the reflection of the finger scan as it will be illuminated when one touches the screen of the phone.
- Samsung announced that towards the end of 2018 it will be launching the Samsung Galaxy W. And what’s so new about it? Well, one can fold it and keep it in their t-shirt pocket! And no, it is not going to be just an upgrade of the flip phone. The idea behind this is yet to be disclosed.
- AI-driven photography- The cameras of Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are among the best in terms of unprecedented dynamics and awesome night-time sensors. The use of AI in the capturing and processing of images as well as Google’s photo services has made this phone stand out. It is expected that Pixel 3 and 3 XL will see much more of the AI embedded systems.
- Voice assistant technology up gradation- Google has already announced its latest technology and research in Voice assistance department. There is continuous improvisation in making the voice output to be more human-like rather than robotic and increasing its capability to understand any form of voice command amidst noisy situation.
- Android Software upgrade- We all know that there is a limitation in Android software upgrading in Smartphones unless one has Google Pixel. There’s been a lot of research by Google regarding this aspect. Finally, Android 8.0 Oreo is to be launched in the latter part of 2018 and will be equipped with all features to upgrade with a newer version of Android software whenever launched in the same Smartphone.
- Thinner body, face id and high battery life- In 2018 all the Smartphone brands are working to the basic goal to achieve a lighter and thinner body with more extended battery backup and face recognition software fit for any kind of light conditions. The recent iPhone X has accumulated all these features almost to perfection. The Chinese brands such as Vivo, Oppo and Honour have also upgraded their technology in their latest versions. The Snapdragon 835 processor is upgraded to Snapdragon 845 which is supposed to be more rugged and consume less power.