What Is Pradhan Mantri Kushal Vikas Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Kushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship results-based skills training program of the Ministry of Skills Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) under Skill India. It is the largest skills certification program in India and the aim is to empower and mobilize large numbers of young Indians to receive results-based skills training and become employable and earn a living.
The plan was launched by the Prime Minister, on July 15, 2015, International Youth Skills Day, for the 1 crore skill of young people in the country by spending Rs 12000 crore. It is implemented across the country through the National Skills Development Foundation (NSDC).
PMKVY will fulfill the dream of a qualified country: the skills that make young people, mastered in the latest training centers, at home or with a craftsman, prepared for the international market, national industry or rural needs. It is the first step in making India the skills capital of the world.
- PMKVY (2016-2020) is a revised and improved version of PMKVY 2015-2016 with more emphasis on strict quality standards.
- The Federal Cabinet approved the plan on July 15, 2016, with the mandate to train 1 million young people in the country.
- The total budget allocation for the planned four years is INR 12 billion rupees.
- The PMKVY scheme (2016-2020) is being implemented by the center with the states. It consists of two components, namely Centrally Managed Central Administration (CSCM) and State Sponsored Centralized Administration (CSSM).
- CSCM, PMKVY (2016-2020) - Contains three forms of training: Short Term Training (STT), Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Special Project.
For more information: http://pmkvyofficial.org/
Key Benefits to Trainee under PMKVY ( 2016 - 2020 )
Eligibility criteria for Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana courses
Candidates from almost every state can benefit from this scheme. According to the government, any young person who is unemployed or has dropped out of school or university can enroll in this program.
- Applicant must have an Aadhaar card and bank account to apply for PMKVY.
- Candidate must have verifiable alternate ID, such as PAN or Voter ID (only applies to Northeast states and J&K; additional IDs may be added from time to time).
- SSC can specify any other criteria for the respective job roles.
- College students are not considered eligible to apply for PMKVY. Also, in the case of companies or factory buildings, candidates cannot be employees or daily wagers.
Also Read: JNPT plans to attract ₹4,000 cr investment, to generate 72,600 direct jobs
How to register in Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
To receive the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna, interested and eligible candidates will need to register online. To enroll in this scheme to receive free multi-technical and non-technical training, candidates must follow the instructions below;
- Applicant must request training online from PMKVY official website. Here is the direct link to the site; http://pmkvyofficial.org
- On the web page, the applicant will need to enter basic information about himself, such as names, email ID, education, address, etc.
- As a next step, the applicant must choose the course that he wishes to follow within the PMKVY framework. The applicant can choose one of 40 options such as construction, electronics, food, processing, furniture, gemstones, jewelry, and many more.
- Now, as a final step, you will have to choose a training center according to its viability. Candidates can also visit the training center for more information on the course schedule and duration.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana: key components
PMKVY 2016-2020 is an improved version of the old scheme, but the basic idea of the scheme remains the same. Take a look here at the key components of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
To benefited from Indian school, college dropout or unemployed, PMKVY has introduced short-term training into short-term training, training centers offer training according to the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF), in addition to the Training centers also offer training in soft skills, entrepreneurship and erasure. Financial and digital literacy.
As the name in the category suggests, the training is short-lived. The duration of the training varies in access to the job and can range from 150 to 300 hours. Once they have successfully completed their training, the training participants will provide the students with placement assistance. For PMKVY's short-term training, the training and evaluation fees are paid in full by the government itself. The training partner will be paid for the training costs in accordance with the common rules.
The training parts that fall under the Short-Term Training Component category in the Plan must be NSQF Level 5 and below. Recognition of previous learning Those apprentices with previous teaching experience or skills can be accredited under the Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL). RPL's goal is to align the competencies of the country's unorganized workforce with the NSQF. Project executing agencies, such as sector skills councils or any other agency, should be encouraged to implement RPL projects. The RPL project contains three types of projects: RPL Camps, Workplace RPL and RPL Centers and the trainee can choose one of them according to its feasibility. PMKVY encourages training centers to address candidate knowledge gaps as this program can offer mail-in courses to RPL candidates.
Special projects are introduced under PMKVY to create a platform that facilitates parts of the training in private areas and / or facilities for government agencies, companies or industry bodies. Specific job role training parts are not specified in the QP / NOS.
Projects that require some deviation from the terms and conditions for short-term training under PMKVY fall into the category of special projects. The interested party proposed in this project could be one of the following; Government institutions affiliated with the central government (s) and state governments / independent body / statutory body or any other agency or equivalent companies that wish to provide training to candidates.
Also Read: Union Budget 2021: Check date, time and other key details
Kaushal and Rozgar Mela
To make this ambitious plan for the government, effective and successful community participation is important and necessary. Community and community mobilization is also critical to PMKVY's success.
It is also important that the government requires the training centers to be transparent and accountable to community members and apprentices, as with these two key factors, the scheme will remain popular and useful to the community and youth leaving the community, school.
Therefore, PMKVY attaches particular importance to the participation of the target beneficiaries through a defined mobilization process. To this end, technical working groups are required to carry out Kaushal and Rozgarh Melas once every six months with press / media coverage. In addition, they are also required to actively participate in the National Career Service Melas and field activities to encourage more people to join them to improve their situation.
As we mentioned earlier, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana TPs also help interns with placement. The program not only provides technical and non-technical training to apprentices along with soft skills training, but also provides job and employment opportunities according to market needs.
PMKVY makes every effort to provide employment opportunities to candidates, trained and certified under the program. PTs should also provide entrepreneurship development support if any student is interested in this.
Regardless of the potential of the system, it eventually fails to deliver the expected results in the absence of monitoring guidelines. Therefore, in order to maintain high quality standards at PMKVY TC, NSDCs and inspection agencies have been created for this work. Inspection agencies must use various methodologies, such as self-assessment reports, call validation, surprise visits, and follow-up through a Skills Development Management System (SDMS).
How can Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana help you?
In our country, many students and young people are either not interested in obtaining a higher education or cannot obtain it for many reasons. For them, this is a great option, as they can improve skills that will allow them to get a suitable job in many industries.
Under PMKVY, candidates have a choice of 40 training programs from which they can choose one for themselves according to their field of interest. Candidates who want to do something and earn big money can contact PMKVY Training Center to join this program. We have already presented the eligibility criteria for admission to Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana training. As the name suggests, the plan was launched by the Prime Minister to improve the craft skills of the little ones. These schemes give those who drop out of school or university the opportunity to get a job despite not being scientifically qualified.
Also Read: PUBG Mobile India relaunch date, FAU-G's launch details: All you need to know