Netflix is offering free streaming to Indian users starting December 5th. The streaming giant has announced a two-day event called Netflix Streamfest, which will allow any non-subscriber to browse the app's content for free. This means that users can watch anything on Netflix without entering their credit or debit card details. The free services will be in effect from December 5th to December 6th.
The promotion will allow users to see the entire Netflix catalogue that includes movies, shows, documentaries, and more. So, here's what you can do to access Netflix content for free
Streamfest is exclusively available for non-subscribers. This means that you will need a Netflix account to continue.
- For this, you will need to download the Netflix app on your phone or visit the Netflix.com/StreamFest website
- After downloading the application, you will need to register by entering the name, phone number and email then create a password
- Once your account is successfully created, either on the website or in the app, you will be able to access the entire catalogue for free on the 5th and 6th of December.
- In particular, upon registering for Streamfest, you will be granted access to all Netflix features available to paid users, including Profiles, Parental Control, Hindi Netflix, My List, Subtitles or Audio, Smart Downloads on Mobile Devices and more.
- Once registered with Streamfest, you can browse Netflix on your smart TV, game console, iOS and Android apps, and on PC. However, transmission quality will be Standard Definition (SD).
Netflix Streamfest was auditioned in India a few months ago. Speaking of making the app free for Indian users for two days, Greg Peters, COO of Netflix, said during a conference call, “An idea we're excited about, and we'll see how it goes, we think it's offering everyone in a country can have up to Netflix free for a vacation. A weekend is a great way to introduce a group of new people to the amazing stories we have created a real event and we hope a group of these people get a record. "
Netflix, in an effort to attract more subscribers in India, has introduced a low-cost mobile streaming plan at a price of Rs 199. This means that a subscriber can watch the shows on the Netflix app only by paying a monthly fee of 199 rupees. This, Netflix has come up with several short term plans to fit the pockets of Indian subscribers Netflix is currently offering.
"We have worked hard to try to make our offerings in India more competitive and attractive to potential members and members, and have done many different product functions, partnerships, and payments integrations," said Netflix director Peters about its plans to attract more users in India.
Netflix is currently one of the most popular streaming app in India. Netflix competes with Amazon Prime, Disney + Hotstar, Zee5, Alt Balaji, Voot, and more in India.