The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) is a Central Sector-based scheme that has been funded 100 percent by the Government of India. The Scheme became effective on 1st December 2018.
Under this Scheme, the government will be providing income support of Rs.6000/- per year to the farmer families all over the country in three installments of Rs.2000/- after every four months. This family will include the husband, wife and minor children.
The responsibility for the identification of all the beneficiary farmer families lies with the State or the UT Governments. The funding is transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiary farmer families.
Farmers who have been named under the Exclusion Criteria of the Operational Guidelines will not be eligible for this Scheme.
For getting enrolled under the scheme, the farmer needs to approach the local patwari/revenue officer/Nodal Officer (PM Kisan) who has been nominated by the State Government.
The Common Service Centres (CSCs) are also given the authorization to do the registration of the farmers for this Scheme after the payment of the fees. The farmers can even self-register themselves through the Farmers Corner in the portal. They can also edit their names in the database of the PM Kisan according to the details in their Aadhaar Card. They can even find out the status of their payments using the Farmers Corner in the portal.
Objectives of the PM Kisan Scheme:
- “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN)” scheme has been launched by the Central Government to increase the income of the Small and Marginal Farmers.
- The PM KISAN scheme has been launched with a goal to supplement the money needs of the SMFs in buying the inputs that ensure crop health and proper yields.
- This scheme aims to protect the farmers from getting trapped by the moneylenders for meeting these expenses and makes sure that their farming activities continue without any hindrance.
Beneficiaries excluded under the PM Kisan Scheme
The following are the categories of beneficiaries of higher economic status who are not eligible for benefit under the PM Kisan:
- Former and present holders of the constitutional posts
- All Institutional Landholders.
- The Farmer families in which some members belong to the categories listed below:
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of LokSabha/ RajyaSabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government and the regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff /Class IV/Group D employees)
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) of the above category
- All those who have paid Income Tax in the last assessment year
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
Pc: Money Bhaskar, business-standard, Indian express
Also Read: IAY | Indira Awaas Yojana – Business2Business