“A penny saved is a penny earned.” With the surge of online shopping in India, there is no corner in the Country which has not tried the delight of shopping from home. Online shopping has given a sense of flexibility and convenience to explore and purchase from the comfort of your home. Here are 10 ways you can save a penny, while you shop online:
- Start with a shopping list: Before you begin to browse products, prepare a list of the items you need. Stick to the list and ensure that you only purchase whatever is necessary for it. You can also distribute the shopping list under two heads-Urgent and non urgent.
- Purchase only what you need: Whether shopping online or in a brick and mortar store, it is important to stick to your list and purchase only the items that you need. It is possible to be driven away by the vast choices you get online, but it is important to know that you are not going to need everything at the same time.
- Compare prices: Compare the prices before you make your purchase. There are a wide range of online shopping sites that offer the same product at different prices.
- Do not get lured away by the discounts: Online shopping can be tricky at times. If you are looking at a particular product, you will come across a similar product which is offered at a discount or a deal, this way you will be lured to a different product along with the one you intended to purchase.
- Check the final price when you checkout: Few online shopping sites charge the taxes at the time of checkout. This eventually increases the price of the product. Hence, double check the product price before you checkout for payment.
- Create a wish list: You might be planning to purchase a range of products in the future. If you have already chosen them, create a wish list and add those products in the same. Compare its prices over time and purchase when it has the best price on offer.
- Avoid “Buy two get one free” deals: How many times do you come across “Buy two get one” free deals? Control your urge to purchase two products only to get one for free. Resist your temptation to purchase the products that are offered for such deals, in the end, you only end up paying more for the same.
- Use cashback sites for shopping: There are websites that offer you an additional cashback every time you shop from their website.
- Use free shipping: When you compare the product prices, it is advisable to compare the shipping costs as well. Sometimes, the shipping costs are as high as the cost of the product, which makes no sense.
- Use payment wallets: Payment wallets are mobile wallets that enable you to make payments and transfer money. Use the wallets to make payments and earn cashback on the same.
Use the tips for every purchase you make online and the next time you shop online, make sure you save money instead of spending more money!