The messaging platform WhatsApp on Thursday upgraded the voice message functionality of its users. Users will now be able to play voice messages at different speeds. Moreover, the messaging platform allowed users to preview their voice messages before sending them.
WhatsApp said in a statement: “Voice messaging has made it quick and easy for people to have more expressive conversations. Showing emotion or enthusiasm through voice is more natural than texting, and in many situations, voice messages are the preferred form of communication on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp said the new features will be rolled out in the coming weeks.
Here are WhatsApp's six new voice message features:
• Out of Chat Playback: Listen to a voice message outside of chat so you can multitask or read and respond to other messages.
• Pause/Resume recording: When recording an audio message, you can now pause and resume recording when you're ready, in case you're interrupted or need to gather your thoughts.
• Waveform Visualization: Shows a visual representation of the sound in the voice message to help follow the recording.
• Draft preview: Listen to your voice messages before sending them.
• Remember Playback: If you pause while listening to a voice message, you can pick up where you left off when you return to the chat.
• Fast playback on forwarded messages: Play voice messages at 1.5x or 2x speed to listen to messages faster on both regular and forwarded messages.
Also Read: Bain Capital to acquire 25% in IIFL Wealth; General Atlantic, Fairfax part exit