The COVID-19 precautionary dose will be administered to eligible population starting today, January 10. The booster dose will be administered to healthcare workers, front-line workers, and those over the age of 60 with co-morbidities. On December 25, 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the administration of precautionary doses for healthcare workers and frontline workers starting on January 10, 2022.
1) Eligible population who have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine can make an appointment directly or go to any COVID vaccination center.
2) There should be a 9-months interval between the second dose and the precautionary dose.
3) Such eligible health care workers, frontline workers, and co-morbid people above 60 years of age can take the online slot
4) On Saturday, the registration of the “precautionary dose” of the COVID-19 vaccine for health workers, front-line workers and people over 60 years of age began on the Co-WIN platform.
5) The third dose will be the same vaccine the people received with the first and second doses.
6) The center said there will be no mix and match.
7) Individuals who received two doses of the Covishield vaccine will receive a third dose of the same vaccine. Those who receive Covaxin will get a third jab of it.
8) Senior citizens with co-morbidities will not be required to produce a medical certificate or prescription at the time of administration of the precautionary dose.
9) Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya, in a tweet on Sunday, said reminder SMSes have been sent to more than 1 crore of healthcare workers, frontline workers and senior citizens for their precautionary dose.
10) Health Ministry sources said an estimated 1.05 crore healthcare and 1.9 crore frontline workers, 2.75 crore people with comorbidity in the 60 plus age group would be administered the precaution dose according to schedule, Health Ministry sources said.
Also Read: Polytrade announces listing on India's cryptocurrency exchange CoinDCX