The project management office (PMO) said the new e-RUPI digital payment platform is expected to be a revolutionary initiative in the direction of ensuring the leak-proof provision of social welfare services.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch a digital payment platform called e-RUPI via video conferencing today at 4 pm. The platform, developed by the National Payments Corporation of India in collaboration with the Department of Financial Services, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, and the National Health Authority, claims to be a digital payment solution for people and purposes.
The PMO said it is expected to be a revolutionary initiative in the direction of ensuring the provision of leak-proof social welfare services.
"Digital technology is transforming lives in a major way and is furthering ‘Ease of Living.’ At 4:30 PM tomorrow, 2nd August, will launch e-RUPI, a futuristic digital payment solution that offers several benefits for its users," PM Modi had tweeted on Sunday.
Some of the benefits of e-RUPI are:
1) e-RUPI is a contactless and cashless digital payment.
2) Connect the sponsors and beneficiaries of the service digitally.
3) Ensures leak-proof delivery for various care services.
4) It is a QR code or electronic voucher based on the SMS thread, which is delivered to the mobile phone of the beneficiaries.
5) Users of this unique and seamless payment mechanism will be able to redeem the coupon without a card, a digital payment application, or access to online banking, at the service provider.
6) e-RUPI connects service sponsors with beneficiaries and service providers digitally without any physical interface.
7) It also ensures that the payment to the service provider is made only after the completion of the transaction.
8) Being prepaid, ensures the timely payment of the service provider without the intervention of any intermediary.
9) In addition to regular payments, it can also be used for services within the framework of programs such as the provision of medicines and food assistance within the framework of maternal and child care programs, tuberculosis eradication programs, medicines, and diagnostics within the framework of programs such as Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, fertilizer subsidy. , etc.
10) These digital vouchers can also be used by the private sector for corporate social responsibility and employee wellness programs.
Also Read: Facebook India revenues hit $1 billion with massive digital shift in economy