The Income Tax Department (I-T) will launch a new electronic filing website on Monday with the goal of providing convenience to taxpayers and faster processing of returns.
"The new e-filing portal aims to provide taxpayers with convenience and a modern, seamless experience for taxpayers," the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) said in a statement.
The Central Commercial Bank, which is affiliated with the Ministry of Finance, also mentioned that a mobile application for the portal will be launched after the portal is launched.
Here are the key things to know about the new portal:
* All interactions and pending uploads or actions will be displayed in a single panel for follow-up by actions taxpayer at www.incometax-.gov.in.
* A free ITR preparation program with interactive questions will be available to help ITR 1 and 4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline) taxpayers to get started and facilitate preparation for ITR 3, 5,6, 7 will be provided soon, according to a statement.
* Taxpayers will be able to proactively update their profile to provide certain income details, including salary, home property, and business / professional that will be used to pre-fill their ITR registration.
* The statement added that detailed enablement for pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividends, and capital gains will be available after uploading the TDS and SFT statements (due date is June 30).
* A new call center has also been provided to help taxpayers quickly answer their inquiries, detailed FAQs, user manuals, videos, and a live chatbot/agent.
* Functions will be provided to submit I-T forms and provide responses to notifications in anonymous scrutiny or appeals, as stated in the statement.
Also Read: Tax Relief for Work from Home: Need of the hour during Corona times