The vaccination drive for 60+ people and for people aged 45+ with comorbidities has started today, with registrations open on the Co-WIN2.0 (www.cowin.gov.in) from 9 am.
Registration can also be done via the Aarogya Setu app.
Citizens who meet the criteria can register and book an appointment anytime, anywhere.
All citizens above the age of 60 on January 1, 2022, can register for the vaccination. People with comorbidities between the age of 45 and 59 as on January 1, 2022, are also eligible.
20 comorbidities have been specified by the government for vaccine eligibility.
Things to know as per government notification
There will be only one live appointment for a beneficiary at any point in time for each dose.
- Appointments for any date are till 3 pm on that day for which the slots were opened. For example, March 1 will be open from 9 am-3 pm, and you can book an appointment anytime before that, depending on slot availability.
However, on March 1, an appointment can also be booked for any future date for which vaccination slots are available.
- A slot for the second dose will also be reserved at the same vaccination center on the 29th of the date of appointment of the 1st dose.
If you cancel your appointment for the first dose, your appointment will be canceled for both doses.
- There will be an on-site registration facility for beneficiaries who are eligible for vaccination can avail walk-in vaccination.
- Eligible citizens can register on the Co-WIN2.0 portal through their mobile phone number.
- With one mobile phone number, anyone can register up to four beneficiaries. However, all those registered on one mobile number will have nothing in common except the mobile number.
- The photo ID card number for each beneficiary must be different.
- All these documents are valid: Aadhaar card / Letter, Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC), passport, driving license, PAN card, NPR smart card or Pension Document with a photograph.
Source: Govt unveils new guidelines to regulate content on social media, OTT platforms