The Narendra Modi government made it easy to get a permanent account number (PAN) card. New applicants no longer need to fill out a detailed application form now. One can get a PAN card instantly in 10 minutes. The service was announced by the Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman earlier this year. India's Minister of Finance launched an instant permanent account number service using the electronic customer identification system based on the Aadhaar number. The facility is now available to all PAN applicants who have a valid Aadhaar card number and a mobile phone number registered in the UIDAI database.
Under this instant PAN card service, the 10-digit card is issued in PDF format to applicants, free of charge. The applicant must enter a valid Aadhaar card number and send the generated OTP on the registered mobile phone number. Once the process is complete, a 15-digit recognition number is generated. The applicant will receive a copy of the e-PAN in the email id registered in the Aadhaar database.
However, there are some Aadhaar cardholders who cannot take advantage of the instant PAN feature. In the event that the person's Aadhaar card is invalid, then in this case one will not be able to benefit from the service as the data is automatically pulled from UIDAI and verified for the purpose of e-KYC. It is not necessary to submit other documents in the PAN application process through the electronic submission portal.
Before applying, you need to make sure your Aadhaar number is linked to the mobile phone number as this is also a prerequisite. This is necessary because the Income Tax Department sends the Unique Password (OTP) to the mobile phone number associated with the 12-digit Aadhaar ID issued by UIDAI.
How to apply for PAN card:
Also Read: Greenko and NTPC signs MoU for supplying on-demand green energy
- Visit the e-filing website of the Income-tax Department. (Url: www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in)
- Click the link- 'Instant PAN through Aadhaar'.
- Click the link- 'Get New PAN'.
- Fill in your Aadhaar in the space provided, enter the captcha and confirm.
- The applicant will receive an OTP on the registered Aadhaar mobile number; submit this OTP in the text box on the webpage.
- After submission, an acknowledgment number will be generated. Keep this acknowledgment number for future reference.
- On successful completion, a message will be sent to the applicant's registered mobile number and e-mail id (if registered in UIDAI & authenticated by OTP). This message specifies the acknowledgment number.