The Indian Railways Company said regular passenger trains, including mail express, passenger, and suburban services which were suspended by the center until June 30, will remain suspended August 12.
However, special passenger trains including 200 mail express trains and 30 Rajdhani trains that have been operating since May 12 and June 1 will continue to operate.
The latest round of train cancellation occurs in the context of the increase in cases of coronavirus disease (Covid-19)across the country.
Here’s what it means for you:
* All tickets reserved for the regular time-tabled trams for the journey from July 1 to August 12 will also be canceled and full fares will be refunded.
* Officials from the Ministry of Railways special trains, including suburban trains along the central and western railways zones and Shramik Special trains, will continue to ply.
* Passengers who booked from the railway counter have the right to request a refund of the journey date till six months. They will have a file a ticket deposit receipt or TDR at the station. They can submit TDRs within two months to chief claim officer or chief commercial manager refund’s office. The refund will be processed after verification.
* People who book tickets online will get an automatic refund on their accounts.
* They said that passengers will be informed and that the reservation will be done when a decision is taken about them.
* Indian Railways also announced on Tuesday the cancellation of all reserved tickets for regular trains on or before April 14 and said it would soon begin refunding those tickets.
* In a notification on May 15, the railways canceled all trains scheduled to travel until June 30, 2020, and decided to refund the tickets.
* Railroad ministry officials said more special trains in addition to 230 trains operating during the lockdown period will be announced soon in a separate notification.
* Passenger train services have been suspended since March 22. It was only on May 16 that restricted passenger train services resumed in the country.
We use necessary and (optional) analytics cookies on our websites to analyze traffic and personalize content.
do not want us to use optional cookies. We will set a cookie on your device to remember and honor your preference.1