- Domestic shares ended more than one per cent lower on Wednesday, dragged by financial stocks such as Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd and YES Bank Ltd, amid liquidity concerns.
- The benchmark BSE index closed lower by 382.90 points or 1.09 per cent at 34,779.58,
- The broader NSE index ended down by 131.70 points or 1.24 per cent at 10,453.05.
- Indian markets have been facing a liquidity crunch owing to a depreciating rupee and higher oil prices.
- Indiabulls Housing ended 14.3 per cent lower and was the top percentage loser on NSE index.
- Reliance Industries Ltd dropped 1.1 per cent ahead of the companys September quarter earnings due later in the day.