- BSE benchmark Sensex rose over 400 points in the opening session on Monday following gains in banking, pharma, auto and oil & gas stocks.
- The 30-share index spurted to a high of 34,748.69 before trading at 34,455.61, up 139 points or 0.41%.
- The NSE Nifty too was up by 46 points, or 0.45 per cent, at 10,350. The index touched a high of 10,408.55 at open.
- Sectoral indices, led by capital goods, auto, oil and gas, metal and healthcare, rose up to 1.50 per cent.
- The rupee was trading flat on Monday showing a lack lustre movement. At 9.25 am, the rupee was at 73.33 against the previous close of 73.32.
- It opened slightly lower at 73.36 today.