- Sensex surges 341 points to intraday high of 38,059; Nifty climbs 100 points
- The Sensex surged 340.96 points to intraday high of 38,058.92 against Wednesday close of 37,717.96 and the Nifty climbed 100 points to 11,469.25 against the previous close of 11,369.90
- as the industrial production grew to 6.6 per cent in July and retail inflation cooled to a 10-month low.
- Bank Nifty index had recovered in the afternoon trade on Wednesday as the domestic sentiment improved after the rupee rebounded from its historic low of 72.91 (intra-day) against the dollar.
- Economic Affairs Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg said that the government and the RBI will do everything to ensure that the rupee does not depreciate to “unreasonable levels'.
- Bank Nifty September contract recouped early losses to close at 27,000, up 49.40 points. The contract is trading at a premium of 181 points to its underlying Bank Nifty index which had closed at 26,81
To collaborate and advertise with us, please